However, theres even more company news that should be especially of value to our readers! Our publishing companys creative director, Simon, has designed and created a complete magazine-on-a-website... no longer will you have to download a .pdf file to read MilsatMagazine or SatMagazine. Simon has created the code enabling our thousands of readers to approach and enjoy our publications ONLINE in magazine format. Incorporated into this online mix are easy to use navigation buttons thatll have you cruising through feature articles, columns, news and more, quickly and easily. In fact, reading MilsatMagazine and SatMagazine is now similar to the way in which youve been reading our daily and weekly news at our news website.
We hope you enjoy the new online format and find the content stimulating, usable and pertinent to your work. Yes, you may continue to download the .pdfwe believe you will find the new online format extremely easy to use, but it is always nice to have a choiceyou can also print and/or email each article directly from the webpage, or forward the .pdf to associates. Your comments are always welcome.
Additionally, I wish to again offer my open door policy if you wish to write a feature article, an op-ed piece, a spotlight, suggest an interview, send news or company event information, please do so! Simply send an email to me so I may review your proposal and reply to you as soon as is possible. I would also be pleased to forward to any requestors our editorial calendar for 2008 as well as our authors guidelines and they are just that, guidelines. I look forward to hearing from you regarding that.
This issue offers a superb lineup of articles with a focus on the military side of satcom. Leading the article parade are our three PRIORITY BRIEFINGS WITH features. An interview with Colonel David Uhrich, Vice Commander, Military Satellite Communications System Wing of the Space and Missile Center at Los Angeles Air Force Base, leads the way. Robert Canty, the Director of DoD Systems, of Space Systems, Raytheon, is our second interview and he reviews his companys contract for the nexgen Global Positioning System Control Segment and other issues. Our third PRIORITY BRIEFINGS WITH offers a follow-up interview with Marc Le Gare, the CEO of Proactive Communications Inc., and a veteran in every sense of the word within the satcom industry.
Other superb content offerings include
- Dr. Axel Jahn, the Managing Director of TriaGnoSys writes concerning Satellite Communications For Hostile Environments
- Satellite Network Acceleration by Nick Yurin, the Director of Sales and Marketing for Global Protocols, Inc.
- iDirects Karl Fuchs, the companys Director of Federal Systems Engineering, discusses Comms On The Move
- Dr. Len Losik, the founder of Failure Analysis, reveals the whys-wherefores-and how-comes of failure prediction technology for military satellites and rockets
- A chilly case study involving a kayaking team from the Royal Navy in the Antarctic
- A military satellite focus on AEHF
- In addition, of course, some news you can use.